- 1 QuadPower LED spotlight, 2 SinglePower white LEDs and 2 SinglePower red LEDs emit 200 lumens (max setting)
- Red night-vision mode has proximity and strobe settings and activates without cycling through the white mode
- Rugged and balanced design used 4 AA batteries
- Settings include full strength in proximity and distance modes, dimming, strobe, red night vision and lock mode
- 3-level power meter shows remaining battery life for 3 seconds after switching on headlamp
- Protected against water immersion down to 1m for 30 minutes (IPX 7)
|Light Source||1 QuadPower, 2 SinglePower|
|Maximum Output||200 Lumens|
|Beam Range||100m (QuadPower LED), 10m (2 SinglePower LEDs) max setting, 14m (QuadPower LED), 4m (2 SinglePower LEDs) min setting|
|Burn Time||75 hours (QuadPower LED), 75 hours (2 SinglePower LEDs) max setting
175 hours (QuadPower LED), 250 hours (2 SInglePower LEDs) min setting
|Water Resistance (IPX Rating)||7|
|Weight without Batteries||134g|
|Weight with Batteries||230g|
|Batteries||4 x AA|
Ensure that your headlamp is clean and dry before and after each use and before storage. DO NOT STORE A WET HEADLAMP. To dry it, turn your headlamp off and open the bat ter y door. Remove the bat teries and allow the housing to air dry thoroughly before closing it.
- Do not artificially heat your headlamp to dry it
- If your headlamp has been exposed to salt water, it must be rinsed with fresh water then dried and assembled to prevent corrosion
- Use a mild soap and freshwater rinse to clean the elastic strap
- Do not clean in washing machine, dishwasher or with a high-pressure hose
- Do not scrub with abrasive substances or surfaces
- If the battery contacts are corroded, remove the corrosion by sanding lightly with a fine-grain emery cloth
Questions on Black Diamond Icon Headlamp
From Tony Steer on 22/05/2015
- Is this headlamp the most suitable for night time wildlife spotting, i.e. geckos?
- Hi Tony,
Thank you for your question.
The Icon would be among the most recommended for wildlife spotting as it has a long battery life, and a long beam distance. It is waterproof to 1m, which is great for those cold, wet, winter nights.
I hope this helps.
Bivouac Customer Service