- Thin, abrasion resistant stretch polyamide and breathable mesh wraps your entire foot to "Keep Stuff Out"
- Single hook and loop closure helps secure the fit
- Non-marking soles are razor siped for a sure grip and protect feet from hot surfaces and rugged terrain
- Helps strengthen muscles in your feet and lower legs, improving balance, agility and range of motion
- Make sure to check the sizing tab for measuring instructions before ordering
- Perfect for light trekking, climbing, canyoneering, running, fitness training, martial arts, yoga, pilates, sailing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, surfing, flats fishing and travel
Review by Mat Dickinson, Runner, December 2012.
With all barefoot running shoes, Fivefingers included; you have to warm up properly and wear them in as your legs will not be used to the streching and straining that barefoot running takes from from your muscles.
I've used the KSO for general tramping and gentle running sessions on grassy areas since their conception in the mid 2000's and I've enjoyed the freedom that they provide my feet. You'll also get some great looks (or stares) if you walk around town in them.
The only down sides that I find are that you are always able to feel what's beneath your feet. Don't get me wrong, that's exactly what they are designed to do - to increase your sense of proprioception and heighten your ability for foot placement. However, gravel and large stones have always been an issue for me while using Fivefingers, but on well formed trails and grass they are perfect for keeping correct form and feel great after running in them.
Overall, if you want to trust a name - Vibram are the ones to go with, they've been creating the best soles for over a century now and they know how the foot works. Grab a pair and you won't regret it, but beware of the learning period your body will go through to make the best use of these shoes.
|Upper||stretch polyamide fabric and Hypalon® straps|
|Outsole||Vibram® TC-1 performance rubber|
|Average Weight||386g (size 42 pair)|
Vibram® FiveFingers® is different than any other footwear on the planet. Not only do they bring you closer to your environment, FiveFingers® deliver a number of positive health benefits by leveraging all of the body's natural biomechanics, so you can move as nature intended.
FiveFingers® footwear is a product of innovative design, precision engineering, and meticulous manufacturing. They've combined premium quality materials with the proven technology of Vibram® soles to create alternative footwear designed to enhance your performance and increase your enjoyment of outdoor pursuits.
- Machine washable
- Air dry
Questions on FiveFingers Men's KSO Multi-sport Shoe
From Mike on 26/10/12
- Hi, how good are these for running on the road? I know some other minimalist shoes are only meant for grass and I wouldn't want the soles to wear out prematurely. Thanks.
- Hi Mike,
The KSO shoe is not designed for road running and is more of an offroad and walking shoe. I have included a link to the Bikila shoe which is designed for road running as it has slightly more cushioning for hard surfaces and a harder wearing outsole.
If you are not used to "barefoot" running it is highly recommended that you consult a physician before jumping in. It certainly takes some getting used to!
Hope this is helpful.