The HydroPal™ water filtration system provides the perfect solution for clean water, wherever you are in the world. The HydroPal™ Crypto filter can be used to remove Giardia and Cryptosporidium cysts from fresh running water as well as provide extra protection to urban water sources abroad.
- The CRYPTO filter significantly reduces chemical residue in tap water, notably from chlorine and Volatile Organic Compounds.
- The CRYPTO filter removes 99.9% of Giardia and Cryptosporidium organisms from contaminated water.
Designed for people who want to get outdoors and have the freedom to collect their water from nature, with the piece of mind of drinking clean water.
Most outdoor filters that are designed to remove Giardia and/or Cryptosporidium require a pumping action to force the water through a barrier filter normally rated at less than half a micron. The HydropalTM technology has been developed after many years of research.
The CRYPTO filter is different in that the filter is a complex carbon-based matrix that the Giardia and Cryptosporidium cysts cannot penetrate. The CRYPTO filter is effective despite being able to easily squeeze the water through the filter by hand.
Note: For water containing bacteria and/or viruses, you should use a water disinfectant. The disinfectant will kill the bacteria and viruses and then the filter will help remove or significantly remove the taste and odour of iodine.
|Made From||BPA free plastic (bottle), Super light weight carbon polymer mix (filter)|
HydroPalTM Filtration System
- The filter is placed at the top of the filter cap. It is a short wide filter to maximise filtration and surface area in contact with the water. When the HydroPalTM is refilled the filter and cap are in one piece.
- The HydroPalTM CRYPTO filter significantly reduces chemical residue as well as 99.9% of Giardia and Cryptosporidium organisms.
- Most outdoor filters that are designed to remove Giardia and/or Cryptosporidium require a pumping action to force the water through a barrier filter normally rated at less than half a micron.
- The HydroPalTM filter is different in that the filter traps the Giardia and Cryptosporidium cysts in an impassable matrix.
- It is this breakthrough technology that enables the HydroPalTM to be a true hand held personal water filter.
- Designed for people who want to get outdoors and have the freedom to collect their water from nature, with the peace of mind of drinking clean water.
- Note: For water containing bacteria and/or viruses, one should use chemical purification tablets. The tablets will kill the bacteria and viruses and the filter will eliminate the foul tasting and potentially harmful chemical.
- Flush the filter before using, don't worry about the grey powder that comes out in the first few squeezes, this is just flushing the filter media and it's a one off.
- Use shorter more frequent squeezes in the middle of the bottle.
- Very cold water can make your HydroPalTM harder to squeeze as the cool temperature temporarily hardens the plastic bottle section
- If you have not used your HydroPalTM for a couple of days it is beneficial to flush the filter with one or two squeezes prior to drinking.
Questions on Hydropal Crypto Sport Bottle
From Frith Brown on 20/02/11
- Hi... how does the nozzle on the bottle work? If you hold the bottle upside and squeeze will the water come through and be filtered? ie could it be used to refill a camelbak? Thanks... Frith
- Hi Frith, The Hydropal Crypto bottle is made from a soft plastic so you can squeeze the water through the filter either straight into your mouth or into your camelbak bottle. Thanks