Warning: if you are ordering this product for delivery outside NZ, you should check with your local postal service/customs that there are no issues with receiving this product.
Imagine being out on a long run or ride, or being in the gym. Rather than settle for water or buy a sugary drink, you just fill up your water bottle and drop in a couple of Nuun tabs. By the time you’ve tied your laces or put on your pack, you’ve got a complex electrolyte drink that not only recharges your salts, but is refreshing and more efficiently absorbed than water alone or most sports drinks on the market.
- Nuun is:
- Portable: Nuun comes in a tough tube that is water resistant and perfect for carrying in your hand, bike jersey, pack…wherever. 1 tube = 6 litres – enough for a good ride or a week at the gym. And if you travel, forget trying to find your normal drink or suffering the indignity of bags of powder bursting in your luggage, a couple of tubes in your bags will get there in one piece and get you through the week of training no matter your location
- Balanced: Nuun spent years researching the levels of electrolytes needed for the product to be absorbed the quickest and to provide optimal salt balance to prevent cramping and maximise hydration. An editor of a major triathlon publication used Nuun and had “no cramping issues for the first time ever in an ironman”.
- Refreshing: Designed for the active palate, Nuun’s got a light flavour that’s not overwhelming when you’re on the go. if you’ve ever watered down sports drinks because they’re too strong, then you’ve made them less easy to absorb; this ultimately defeats the purpose of using them. Some call the Nuun taste ‘tart’ and that’s probably the best description they've found yet, other than ‘just right’!
- Simple: A bottle of water, 1 Nuun per 500ml. It doesn’t matter where you are, how windy it is, how much space you’ve got – drop in Nuun and you’re good to go.
|Serving Size||One tablet dissolved in 500ml|
|Ingredients||Citric Acid, Sorbitol, Sodium Carbonate, Natural Colours Flavours, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate, Polyethylene Glycol, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Carbonate, Acesulfame Potassium, Riboflavin-5-Phosphate.|
|Nutritional Information||Active ingredients - level(mg)
Sodium (carbonates): 360mg
Potassium (bicarbonate): 100mg
Calcium (carbonate): 12.5mg
Magnesium (sulfate): 25mg
Vitamin C: 37.5mg
Vitamin B2: 500mcg
6 calories per Nuun tab
The Science behind Nuun
Nuun’s formulation is based upon research and feedback from some of the world’s top academic and practicing experts in the field of sports medicine (specifically in dehydration and hyponatremia). Development focused on the three most important aspects for proper hydration:
- The most important characteristic of what you drink while you are active is the speed at which your body can absorb it. The concentration of dissolved salts and sugars determines how fast the drink can cross from your gut into your bloodstream where it can re-hydrate and replenish. Nuun produces a hypotonic solution so that your body will absorb Nuun faster than the leading “sports drinks” or even water alone. Your body is therefore, able to restore optimal water and electrolyte balance more quickly.
- The American College of Sports Medicine recommends that people who are active for more than one hour get 500–700mg of sodium for every litre of water they consume. This is up to three times the sodium that traditional “sports drinks” provide. In fact, some experts in the field believe that sodium concentrations should be closer to the 700–1000mg range. Nuun provides 700mg of sodium for every litre of drink - this amount, in addition to the other critical electrolytes contained in every Nuun tablet, ensures that you are adequately replenishing your body’s stores to help you perform at your best, and stay healthy.
- To ensure rapid absorption, Nuun contains no carbohydrates. Ingesting drinks containing high levels of carbohydrates can have two undesirable effects when it comes to hydration. Carbohydrates can slow the rate at which your stomach empties and therefore delays the availability of the water and electrolytes. They also increase the osmolality of what you are drinking; delaying absorption beyond your stomach.
NOTE: if you are participating in intense exercise for more than one hour you should also consume carbohydrates to ensure that you can sustain energy levels for working muscles. Carbohydrate loaded sports bars, or gels are effective means of providing you with the energy you require.
Questions on Nuun Active Hydration Tablets
No questions asked yet