Aquapac Connected Electronics
- Use all buttons and switches through the case
- Like most Aquapac cases it'll float if you drop it in the drink
- Feed out a wire of up to 2.5mm diameter from the case
- The seams are high-frequency welded to form a super-strong bond
- Waterproofness Warning!: This case features Aquapac's 'TC' Aquaclip® (a patented, ultra-secure, rustproof, injection-moulded plastic seal) which makes the case waterproof to IPX7 (up to 5 seconds at 1m). Temporary immersion is fine, but not continuous immersion.
- For a smaller size check out the Aquapac Small Wire-Through Case
|Dimensions||Fits devices 25cm circumference and 22.5cm in length|
|Average Weight||Case: 87g
Important Note regarding Insulin Pumps and Aquapac's case
Aquapac have commissioned research by Imperial College London into the use of the 158 (Insulin Pump case) and 558 (Connected Electronics case) after receiving a large number of customer enquiries regarding their suitablity for use with insulin pumps. Results show that, in some circumstances, insulin flow rate can be reduced by the case. In particular, low flow rates are impeded, and as such Aquapac can make no claim regarding the suitablity of these cases with insulin pumps. Use of these cases with insulin pumps is entirely at the discretion of the user.
Aquapac has been advised to recommend that users of Aquapac cases with insulin pumps regularly check their blood sugar levels.
The tests were conducted by Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine using a Roche Accu-Check Spirit insulin pump at a temperature of 20C at flow rates of 2U/hr and 10U/hr. The amounts of insulin delivered over 60 minutes observed were as follows:
21st August 2006