SCARPA Men's Veloce Rock Climbing Shoe
- FKJ last: slightly downturned, slightly asymmetric
- Relaxed Performance Fit provides extra space in the toe area for more comfort and less pressure
- Microsuede upper is unstitched over the toes for high-level comfort
- Single z-strap closure allows quick and easy adjustability
- Medium tension DTS™ active rand conserves energy for all day efficiency
- PAF heel system improves fit and heel hooking performance
- 3/4 length insert from heel to toe helps spread the force across the whole foot
- 4mm S-72 full length sole for the best balance between friction and durability
|SCARPA S-72 4mm
|390g (pair, Size 40)
Differentiated Tension System (DTS™): made possible by the PAF heel, allows us to tension the inside and the outside of the shoe differently enabling SCARPA to truly dial in the intended characteristics of a specific model. This unique technology not only transfers power directly to the big toe, it also helps keep the foot in an optimal position for power transfer and laser precision. DTS also ensures that the shoe keeps its shape and intended climbing characteristics throughout its entire lifespan.
Relaxed Performance Fit (RPF) last A brand new concept in climbing fit and performance, our new FKJ and FKJW lasts have a much more rounded toe shape, with room added mostly around the 4th and 5th toes (lateral side) to create a more relaxed and open toe shape. The increased comfort is perfect for new to intermediate climbers, but will also be appreciated by more advanced climbers looking for a more comfortable shoe for extended training sessions. The women's last is specifically designed for female foot shapes, with a slightly narrower heel and lower volume instep.
The PAF heel system is an innovative heel system that helps both spread the force of the heel tension and increase the fit of the heel. The aggressive tension-rubber is interrupted behind the heel to reduce pressure on the Achilles tendon and connected with softer rubber, that works like a bridge and allows full adaption to the shape of the heel. The holes on the side indicate the tension applied, which varies between 1 hole for light tension, 2 holes for mid tension and 3 holes for strong tension.
Exclusive to SCARPA, S-72 rubber is the result of our close collaboration with Davos, a premium Italian rubber manufacturer. S-72 has been formulated with a lower durometer to deliver increase surface contact and ultimate adhesion while still maintaining great durability.