Patagonia Women's Torrentshell 3L Rain Jacket
- Regular fit
- 100% recycled waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard 3-layer shell with a PFC-free DWR finish (durable water repellent coating that does not contain perfluorinated chemicals) provides the highest levels of comfort and performance, and long-term waterproof durability
- Two-way-adjustable hood with a laminated visor rolls down and stows with a simplified cord-and-hook design
- Microfleece-lined neck provides comfort and protects waterproof/breathable barrier
- Snag-free centre-front zip with external and internal storm flaps and zip-garage chin guard
- Two handwarmer pockets and venting pit zips with welted exterior storm flaps
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and adjustable drawcord hem seal out the elements
- Jacket self-stuffs into left hand pocket with carabiner clip-in loop
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
|H2No® performance standard shell: 3-layer, 3.5oz 50D ECONYL® 100% recycled nylon ripstop face, polycarbonate PU membrane with 13% bio-based content, a tricot backer and a non-PFC DWR finish
H2No® Performance Standard: is a testing standard that test waterproofness in 3 ways: simulated light rain, prolonged rain and forcing water through the face of the fabric. It also tests breathability by measuring the Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate (MVTR) and durability by subjecting the fabric to a "Killer Wash" - a wet flex and abrasion rest that simulates years of use in drenching conditions. The standard is Patagonia's benchmark for waterproofness, breathability and durability and ensures the highest level of long-term waterproof performance. The standard is 20,000mm before and 10,0000 after their Killer wash test. 2-layer H2No® Performance Standard shell fabrics are completely waterproof, windproof and breathable and made with a water-repellent shell fabric and a waterproof/breathable membrane; 2.5-layer shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof, breathable and highly-packable and have an additional protective top coat barrier that allows the garment to go without an internal lining fabric; 3-layer shell fabrics are waterproof, windproof and breathable due to a combination of a water-repellent shell fabric, a waterproof/breathable membrane and an ultralight knit backed that is highly packable, comfortable next-to-skin and built to withstand long-term exposure in extreme environments.
Recycled Nylon: Although Patagonia have been using recycled polyester in their garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, they're finally finding some recycled nylon fibres that are suitable for apparel. Some of the recycled nylon they use comes from post-industrial waste fibre, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fibre. They're diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of them, and they're committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fibre, but it appears this evolution will take many years.
Fair Trade Certified™: Patagonia® pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries their label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.