Shipping & Delivery Information
Bivouac Current Domestic and International Shipping Charges
|Total Purchase Price||$99 and Under||$99.01 - $199.00||$200 and Over|
|Within New Zealand||$6.99||Free||Free|
New Zealand Orders:
If you are not at the address when your parcel is delivered, you'll be left a new 'Redelivery Card' with multiple options by New Zealand Couriers (NZC). Picking up an item from any NZC Branch will not incur any additional cost but if you would like, you can also have the parcel redelivered to the same or new address for a charge of $2.50 (ex.GST) per parcel. Payments for redelivery can be made through the NZC website via Credit Card or Debit Card using the code that appears on your 'Redelivery Card'.
*When your order goes to a country other than New Zealand you will probably be charged duties and taxes that are beyond our control. Please see our International Order Information Page for further details.
*Due to the oversize nature of certain products in our range we must charge a bulk shipping fee of $30 to reflect their cost of shipping. This will include large packs, tents or heavy items. In most cases, a note will be displayed in the product description where this is applicable. Bulk items can't be shipped internationally.
Current Shipping Estimates
- New Zealand: 1 to 4 working days.*
- Australia: 5+ working days from when your order is placed.*
- Europe and Elsewhere: 10+ working days.*
*Note: Delivery times are based on 2019 average courier dispatch times. Estimated arrival dates may vary if your order is being delivered to an address outside of New Zealand, contains liquid or other materials that may be stopped at customs offices or the item is out of stock when ordered. You will be notified via email of any unexpected delays.
Who we use to ship your order
- New Zealand: New Zealand Couriers & NZ Post 1-2 Working Day Service (please add an extra 2 days for rural delivery).
- Australia: FEDEX 1-2 Working Day Service, except to PO Boxes and bulky items.
- Australia, PO Boxes & Bulky Items: New Zealand Post Economy Courier which is a 3-6 Working Day Service.
- Europe and Elsewhere: New Zealand Post Economy Courier which is a 4-8 Working Day Service.
Important: When your order goes to a country other than New Zealand you will probably be charged duties and taxes that are beyond our control. Please see our International Order Information Page for further details.
Our order process: How your items get to you
- An order is placed by YOU on the Bivouac Outdoor website.
- YOU will then receive an automatic email confirmation of your order showing the price you paid and your shipping addresses
- OUR Web Team collects the items in your order, sourcing from our Web Store, from one of our stores nationwide or from the relevant product supplier. This can take up to 4 working days but is usually faster.
- YOUR order is packed and dispatched by OUR chosen couriers.
- YOU then will receive an email with track and trace details from the courier.
- YOU receive your order.
If an item you have ordered isn't available because of system errors (everything still relies on human input and we're not infallible) you will be advised via email about organising a substitution or cancellation. You will not be charged for any item we cannot send you. It is possible for such an email to end up in your spam/junk box so do keep an eye out after you place an order.
Exchanges or refunds: where you find you have ordered the wrong size or have another issue with your order please refer to our refunds and exchanges page
Non Shipping Days and Delays
- When you order late on a Friday or during the weekend we will process your order on the following Monday. We’ll be in the outdoors during the weekend testing our product, far from civilisation (or at least that's what we hope we'll be doing).
- We source your order from our warehouse, stores and suppliers and it can take up to 4 working days to collect everything you order. If there are going to be any delays beyond this time we will notify you by email.
- During sale periods order volume increases significantly so there may be delays in shipping your orders.
Note: During public holidays courier services are not available and we will not be able to dispatch your order until the next working day:
- 1st & 2nd January - New Years Day and the Day after New Years Day (if these fall on a weekend the following Monday and Tuesday are public holidays)
- 6th February - Waitangi Day (unless this falls on a weekend)
- Easter Weekend - Good Friday and Easter Monday (dates vary from year to year)
- 25th April - ANZAC Day (unless this day falls in the weekend, when we don't have work anyway)
- 1st Monday in June - Queen's Birthday
- 4th Monday in October - Labour Day
- Nearest Friday to 16 November - Canterbury anniversary Day
- 25th & 26th December - Christmas Day and Boxing Day (if these fall on a weekend the following Monday and Tuesday are public holidays)
Paying for your order:
New Zealand Sales tax is not included in the price we offer internationally. We do not have the option to remove GST automatically on our current website platform so the pricing on the website is the actual price paid whether in New Zealand or overseas but the GST saved by exporting enables us to heavily subsidise shipping internationally. This still means on most parcels we lose money on shipping as the GST rebate is less than the actual shipping costs - we only ship using air or faster services including track and trace and insurance.
We will never ask for any more information than is absolutely necessary to do business with you or use your information for any other purposes without first asking your permission. Our checkout process uses a secure website to process your private payment details - our credit card processor is DPS, one of the biggest and most trusted processors in New Zealand. They process the transaction and at no time do we at Bivouac Outdoor store your credit card details on our servers. You can read more about the terms and conditions here.