- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI 2 has a new design that allows excellent control during the descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI 2 is compact and ultra-light at 185g (25% smaller and 20% lighter than the GRIGRI)
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to ensure a long product life
- For 8.9 to 11mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and exterior)
|Made From||Aluminum side plates, stainless steel cam and friction plate, reinforced nylon handle|
|Warning||Rock and Alpine climbing are potentially hazardous and dangerous. Any person using our equipment in any manner is personally responsible for learning the proper techniques involved and that the equipment used is designed for the application. The purchaser accepts full and complete responsibility and liability for any and all damages and injury that may result from use of equipment bought from Bivouac Outdoor. Instruction should be sought from professionals in the safe use of this piece of equipment. This equipment is designed for recreational use and should not be used for industrial applications.|
Questions on Petzl GRIGRI 2 Belay Device
No questions asked yet